View Single Post
Old 2013-04-14, 14:43   Link #5301
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Talking now about GOL, what do you guys want to see differently from the TV series?
Middie Une. Out of all the characters in GW, she intrigues me the most. What's her connection to Lady Une? What happened to her after EZ? Was something planned about her showing up in the series? Trowa's amnesia episodes seem rather convenient for that (note that EZ was supposed to be ep 27 & 28 and Trowa being Buster Rifle'd happened in ep 25).
If GoL touches on that I'll be the happiest GW fan around.

Other than that, I don't know. So far the battles and custom weapons have been pretty darn awesome. Excluding fat-legged Sandrock of course. Now, that just looked silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Alright... one last question to be asking:

According to the story, it's common knowledge that "Sabrina" died in some sort of shuttle accident a few years back, so Sabrina takes on the name Kathrina and becomes queen, marries a dude and has his kid, and has now been killed in a horrible "accident". So now, the real Kathrina shows up to take her rightful place right?

Has anyone else, like, let's pretend, the news/media/military leaders/other royals of the GW world questioned where this 3rd Peacecraft came from? Are we to assume that everyone who inhabits this world just doesn't give a damn about whether a ruler of a kingdom has 2 or 10+ kids or who they are or where they are or what they're doing?
Considering how everyone of them looks the same, I don't blame people for losing track of how many there actually were. xD

No but seriously, good point. From what I understood, when the accident happened, Eric shielded Sabrina and died on the spot. Sabrina survived the explosion and was brought to a hospital, but in the end didn't make it either.
I don't get what googlefish is trying to say at this part, but later a passage about Katrina returning, resuming her sister's role and Marquis Weridge guaranteeing her being the real Katrina through DNA testing comes up.
I'd deduce from this that Sabrina's death was kept a secret for the time being, but that begs the question of how the Merry Men up in space knew about it..? And why the nation was in mourning... :S Googlefish says Queen Katrina was reported to have been killed. Or at least I think it says that. So, her coming back from the dead is kinda... uh... I really don't know, I'm sorry.

Here are the excerpts (I took the liberty of fixing the names). Maybe you can figure it out?

Spoiler for excerpts:

These parts really need proper translating.

(And I just noticed how much angst and drama I ignored. Sheesh, this chapter is dripping with those.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzeroangelofdeath View Post
Ikuze I know how you feel, going through all those chapters again, the writing doesn't make any sense lol, sometimes I didn't even know from which perspective the story was being told, we need a darned good translator or just the english version of it.
Aye, that's one thing. And as if Google wasn't a horrible translator itself, the lack of sense in terms of story (I still don't get why they have to kill Relena, for example) makes it all the more difficult.

I'm really grateful that so many chapters and snippets have been translated already, otherwise I'd feel like a complete moron claiming stuff like Relena offering Heero a cup of tea while asking him to shoot her. One would think Google is BSing you, but no, these bouts of complete randomness and crazy (see Tranny S) are actually part of the story.

Quote:
As for Sabrina dying, wasn't that accident faked or something? Correct me if I'm wrong.
The accident was real, her death was faked.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote