View Single Post
Old 2006-04-05, 13:33   Link #3
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
The HiME festival takes place every three-hundred years. MH Mashiro and MH Nagi commented that though the Obsidian Lord was defeated, evil itself never ends.

Then would be logical to assume based from My-HiME universe for Mai-Otome:

War of the Twelve Kingdoms = Next HiME festival of that generation ...?

Harmonium = The Obsidian Lord reborned ...?

If Mai-Otome really takes place into the future of My-HiME, then the War of the Twelve Kings, witnessing the birth of the first Otome, happened three-hundred years after the end of My-HiME. That timeline in-betwen those two events would have given enough momentum for humanity to have further developed technology and venture into outer space for planet colonization.

Now in the current timeline of Mai-Otome it is explained that the Twelve Kingdom War happened three-hundred years ago.

Harmonium's second awakening = Next HiME festival for the current generation ...?

The speculated data I have posted suggests that Mai-Otome takes place at least six-hundred years into the future of My-HiME.
I would consider at least 900 years as more likely since whatever happened that forced them to leave Earth probably took place during a festival. At any rate, even if this is an Alternate Universe, something similar to what happened in Mai HiME occured in the past,