View Single Post
Old 2006-04-13, 23:58   Link #87
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

After rereading chapters 21-23, I've come to this conclusion:

Hazumu needs to grow enough as a person to be able make her choice, I don't think it will actually matter what choice she makes(Yasuna, Tomari, or Both). She just needs to make it with all her heart and have the choice accepted and her love returned. In any case the combined willpower should be enough to help her survive. The questions will be:

What choice does Hazumu make?
How does she survive her impending doom?

And interesting twist would be that if sharing the fate element was dangerous to the girl she was sharing with, like Hazumu will be shot at and her fate girl will take the bullet for her. In this case, we might see a threesome if somehow the fate element is fatal to at least one of any two people, but the three of them will pull it off.

As for the discussion about the quality of the writing, I think the author is fantastic about making us care about the characters and conveying their emotions, but some of the plot points seem forced. I can forgive the initial alien-crash, because anime is often based on strange premises, but the fate-element thing seems to be a stretch. Though as the story progresses more I kinda like it more as an interesting plot device. It's basically given Hazumu an imperfect view of her future, I just wish it hadn't come out of left field.

And I really hope the next few chapters are a series of pictures with each of Hazumu's friends highlighted at a time. I really like the cover for chapter 23.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote