View Single Post
Old 2008-03-11, 01:25   Link #898
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Alright, alright, ENOUGH.

Jesus, this was just a discussion on whether fields have antikinetic properties.

Now, as I said before, the general idea was that the field could be set to repel HV rounds which travel faster than beams, hence beam combat and melee would be viable because they'd be slower than the HV and wouldn't be caught by the anti HV field. This is a guess, a logical guess. (I am well aware that a wrong conclusion can be obtained logically from a flawed perspective.) I personally think it's more likely that the barrier on the BJ is what provides most of the protection; in Episode 4 of StrikerS, where Erio scuffs Nanoha's BJ, she says that he penetrated the jacket and hit the fabric...

With regards to the stadia ranging: I was trying to point out, Ark, that stadia ranging is inherently flawed. You'll note that when I mentioned Vice and sniping the drones on the cradle, I was trying to make a point to you on ranges and how we cannot get hard figures, but guess.

To continue, ark, 7arcs makes h-games. Their understanding of physics are already off-track! H-games. Where the money shots involve guy cumming and emitting more sperm, more jism, more white stuff, more seed of his loins, more little soldiers, than is humanly possible. This cannot be reconciled to reality.

I'm not going so far as to say that real-world physics don't compute to anime. But it's foolish to keep forcing reality onto an inherently unrealistic medium.

NOW, EVERYONE, PAY ATTENTION.
Emotions are running too high in this thread. I am therefore calling for a 36 hour timeout on Magitech. No posts. No replies. No mentions to it. Time out begins at 1500 GMT +8 / 0700 GMT / 0300 EST, or 35 minutes from now. Take this time to step back and cool down.

Then come back and post.

EDIT: 1435 (GMT+8): This means that you can post from now until 1500, fellas. Get your last shots in if you will. Cadians, I'll see you in the homeland.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-03-11 at 01:38.