View Single Post
Old 2004-07-16, 03:10   Link #121
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
So, overall what do you guys thing of CRC? Worth it or not? Is it one "happy" ending per character or more? I picked up Tokimeki Check In, and with 16 endings, its taking forever to finish, espeically with all the repetive stuff to slog through.

Also, how is the overall tone of CRC? I kind of overdosed on angst (still havent finished Kana because of it) so Im looking for something a little less traumatic.
The game is definitely worth it. It looks good and plays well, has cute girls and doesn't fall apart after the first go-round.

You get one ending per girl. That's because you are playing within a club which lasts one month, and seeing a girl after the month is up is a special situation. It will take a long time to finish the game, but that's all good.

And you don't have to repeat too much stuff when you are moving on to a different girl. If the girl you are shooting for is not around, you can just chat up a couple of girls and then just go home. The girls' calendars are important to pay attention to - there are little symbols to tip you off about making a special effort on those days.

The tone is light-hearted, which is why I like it so much. There are no deep secrets - either you make an all-out effort for a girl or you don't, but you can't expect a girl to go out with you (or "put out") if you are out with other girls too much.

Talking to the girls involves talking about stuff they are interested in and being honest with them. There are little things like one girl might kind of hold back because of her friend, another girl takes awhile to make herself available for dates etc. They don't quite add up to a story, but give each girl a different feeling and let you know how to get closer to the girl.

Nobody has sick fetishes or dies or anything. You are not trying to control people's minds or enslave or train them, etc. When you get to be a girl's steady, she might change a little when she can be herself more. But the endings don't involve "3 years later" or anything, they are more about what it's like to be going out with the girl.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote