View Single Post
Old 2009-10-05, 19:16   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I found the interaction between Doflamingo and Crocodile to be quite amusing. I wonder if Doflamingo mocked Crocodile for losing to the supernova rookie known as Luffy, or because he got hit by Diamond Jozu.

Actually, the exchange between them went just like this (quoting from aohige's translation here):

Quote:
Jozu comes attacking him, but DoFlamingo stops Jozu.
Jozu: So you managed to sneak out of that hole of yours huh, crocodile man?

Then he slowly turns towards DoFlamingo, and glares.

Croc: Don't get in the way Doflamingo, or I'll kill you!
DoFlamingo: How about it Crocodile, why don't we join forces?
Jozu vs Croc & Doflamingo?

If Flamingo does chide Crocoboy for the reasons you mentioned above, we'll find out when the full chapter comes out (or the spoiler pics, whichever comes first).

Anyway, I really don't see Jozu losing so easily, even if he's facing two Shichibukai. He's undoubtedly one of the strongest guys in Whitebeard's crew (that iceberg he tossed a few chapters back is a pretty good testament to his strength). Plus, the fact that he was fast enough to hit Crocodile before he realized it shows that he has the speed to back up his strength, as well. Add to that his diamond DF power, and we've got one scary mofo! Maybe if Daz joins in on the action things will be a lot more troublesome (depends on whether or not he's strong enough to slash diamond), but I don't really think there's anything to suggest that Jozu's in any disadvantage.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I think it's just shows how strong Jozu is, from the spoilers he hit croc and made him bleed so that should mean he knows how to use haki.

While I wouldn't doubt the possibility of Jozu being a Haki user, I really don't think he used it on Crocodile in this case. I'm pretty sure he just used his speed to catch him off-guard. Remember in Alabasta, when Luffy collided into both Smoker and Ace from practically out of nowhere? I think the same situation applies here.....