Thread: Earth Hour
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-29, 16:21   Link #58
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I'll stop after this post, partly because I don't know how to get the point across to you, and also because reading your bulk post is incredible tedious, which is quite surprising seeing you label yourself as an author.

When you want to move something big, you start out small.

Like I said this event purpose is not to do an instantaneous change, its to raise awareness. Advertisements got people to be aware, but is more people getting more aware? Why not we do a simple event that can raise awareness some more?

You think the world is aware, but how aware is it, how many are willing to something? This event shows that while there's alot willing to do something and show that they're aware, there's alot more who don't bother or is not aware.

I'm someone who knows small steps will eventually lead to something big. But I'll stop arguing with you here.
Like I said before, you would have to be living under a rock to not be aware of the global warming alarmism. Doing some silly symbolic gesture to make people more aware is just pointless. Maybe if it would have been plant a tree day or something that you know actually had some sort of impact the response might have been better.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote