View Single Post
Old 2011-02-10, 22:15   Link #143
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
But certainly magic has played a pivotal role in the series since the beginning, the trend is that they're powerful magical warriors, it feels a bit strange this sudden subversion of concepts, another set of protagonist would serve better, as the old Nanoha cast looks very unsuitable for a story like this, they're magical warriors, they don't belong here, put someone equally rough to fight that bunch of rockstars called The Huckebein like Spike Siegel or Vash The Stampede, Nanoha and Co. are better fighting in a Slayers Universe or in planet Cephiro xD.
And then people would be whining about not having the original cast.

Just because magic is the main method of doing things doesn't mean something can't easily come around and counter it. Would be incredibly stupid to believe that magic works for every situation all the time. Their heavy reliance on magic is what's biting them in the ass in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
I am pretty sure that Nanoha is trying to KO Touma because his anti-magic abilities, regeneration and everything else won´t work while he is unconscious.
She hopes so, anyways. We already know for a fact that Thoma will stay reacted even when unconscious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
This situation really isn't comparable to previous curbstomps. In past situations the worst damage that's been inflicted on a hero was Subaru or Nanoha being beaten up pretty badly. In just this opening fight Signum's been placed in critical condition, Hayate's been skewered, Nanoha's almost been killed, Vita and Erio both got their asses handed to them, everyone on the Wolfram had a heart attack via Touma, Isis got her fucking neck broken... am I forgetting anyone? Is my point made? And then the one time it looks like the heroes have the edge over the Hucks, Karen the Walking Desu Ex Machina comes in and nullifies it immediately. There's a difference between being competent and being completely fucking unstoppable.
So you'd rather see the good guys come out on top when they're facing foes with abilities they've never encountered before, are ill prepared for, using equipment they aren't used to, that pretty much goes against the way they've fought for over 15 years...

Yeah, I'd say it'd be more bullshit mary sueness on the hero's part if they didn't get their asses kicked with all that stacked against them.