Thread: Licensed CLANNAD the Movie
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-22, 22:31   Link #14
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Sign me up as another person who doesn't see this working. There have just been too many examples in anime history of lengthy complex stories losing all that makes them meaningful and interesting when they're squeezed into a two hour movie. Sure, the AIR movie was acceptable, since it was more an adaptation than a direct retelling, but it was nothing compared with the TV series. Without knowing much about the CLANNAD story, I'd guess they'd do a similar thing with that, but my early guess is that it's going to be underwhelming compared with the source material.

And it seems I'm not the only one who would love to see KyoAni do a full length TV series with the CLANNAD story. They've shown already that they have a massive respect for Key's stories and the way they handle them is outstanding. We may dream, I guess. Hopefully Kanon 2006 will be a massive financial success to the point that KyoAni would see the benefit of bowing the any public requests for them to animate a CLANNAD TV series.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote