View Single Post
Old 2009-07-11, 11:21   Link #1852
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
but maybe we wouldn't get such drivel as that Dokun song.
LOL, I get your point, but regardless of how plain or "easy to sing" that song is, it actually sounds like something she'd write for anyone who would sing as Ranka. And I like the song

You know, I am obviously not a Megumi basher, but this is something I would like to quite agree with - Kanno writes songs to fit the voice of the singer. Let's take for example Megumi's Aimo Tori no Hito, and compare it to KOKIA's Ai no Rinkaku.

You guys probably know Aimo Tori no Hito, so I won't show a sample of that. Here's a sample of Ai no Rinkaku:

Similarities - Same composer, the first two notes are the same (I'm sorry if this sounds trivial, but many Kanno songs do this, and they're always epic songs - Voices also has the same two notes at the start), musical form is also similar.

What's the difference? We know that Megumi is a novice and KOKIA is a pro. In Aimo Tori no Hito, the note sequences are shorter, allowing for breathing time. Ai no Rinkaku will make someone who's not professional gasp for breath because of the length of the notes. The notes in Ai no Rinkaku are also wider in range.

Also, in Aimo Tori no Hito, the backing track is toned down to emphasize Megumi's voice. In Ai no Rinkaku, the backing track is just as loud as the vocals, because KOKIA's voice is powerful enough to be heard.

So yeah, I think that if it wasn't Megumi who was singing for Ranka, then we could have had a better set of music, but we have actually have no way of proving that.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote