View Single Post
Old 2012-11-13, 21:05   Link #460
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Depends on what you need? I'm not that an aggressive a player, so I usually go full Field Medic (up to Savior). I can see the appeal of Sentinels though, but I'd rather keep my soldiers healthy and avoid time in the infirmary.
I would like the support to be more combat effective, but still be a major healing machine. If I were to throw around numbers, say around 40% healing 60% combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If you already have a medic, it might be worth it to have another one with pure offensive skills and no healing. They are actually very good soldiers and can make the difference. Especially with bonus movement.

So a pure offensive Support has Sprinter (cover fire is useless), Smoke and Mirrors, Rifle Suppression, Combat Drugs (best in harder difficulties as dense smoke can trigger grenades, and you need the extra aim bonus), Sentinel.

Deep Pockets means you can give them a Scope AND Carapace. It is almost a waste to use Supports as medics.
Does Covering Fire + Sentinel allow a support to fire twice at an enemy? I would imagine it to be a interesting combo with a assault. The assault charges in while dodging enemy overwatch the support spots the enemy firing then proccedes to fire on said alien twice with the Sentinel + Covering fire abilities. I wish Covering Firing would negate the aim penalty which would give it more incentive to use it.

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2012-11-13 at 21:21.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote