View Single Post
Old 2010-08-22, 14:56   Link #59
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
I liked the characterization of Sakura here; it made sense, and actually made her seem generally more sympathetic than her reaction to Saber's death in the actual game did. I guess the knowledge that Saber helped keep Shirou alive would do that.
I'm glad it came across well, since I had a lot of debate on how to write the scene out. It's pretty obvious in-game that Sakura doesn't like Saber because of the fact that she puts Shirou in danger, but I couldn't see her reacting badly if she knew Saber was that way because she protected Shirou. It's just hard to really nail down the Sakura bits because I'm having way too much fun messing with Saber.

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for Alter:

EDIT: @CL

As I mentioned earlier, for the time being I have no plans of extending this beyond the next section, which is the morning after. I simply haven't played through HF enough to know how Saber living on would have impacted certain scenarios differently (though I'm far along in the game to see one scenario that could have possibly been changed, depending on how much I feel like playing with it). On top of that, staying true to HF would also mean having to play through the route numerous times in order to know the whole thing inside out, unless I get to a point where Saber surviving is so altering that I come up with things off the top of my head, which I doubt.

Beyond that, I have to admit that developing Sakura and Saber side by side for this story is a daunting task for me. Both of them are equally important in the plot with this change, Sakura having been important all along and Saber surviving when she should have died. I don't feel like I grasp Sakura's character well enough to develop her very well outside of what little bit the game has given me on her characterization, which to be honest isn't very much to work with in the first place.