View Single Post
Old 2008-02-13, 13:29   Link #663
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Man I missed some good stuff.

Anyway.

So what's with the Wolkenritter? I had originally assumed their bodies were basically human from their description in A's, and that despite being able to be preserved through only their linker core by the Book in actual function they depended on the human biology they were granted on creation. No Cartesian-dualistic 'true body/core/astral body' nonsense.

But Vita's little heroic moment at the end of StrikerS puts that notion to paid. I'm just guessing here, but that hit looked like it would easily have severed her spine and completely destroyed her heart. But she doesn't drop until her weapon does, a small army of drones and the hardest defensive field we've seen in the Nanohaverse later. And this is after they've supposedly weakened. The body has to be just a shell for her to keep going with that kind of damage, unless you want to take a really, really strong view on Barrier Jacket capabilities.

So what did they actually lose? Just their ability to regenerate? How quickly did that occur before? Signum's wound from her first battle with Fate stuck around at least a few hours...

Same question with Unison devices. Do they have a 'core' from which they can regenerate their human form from like normal devices and the Defense Program, with damage only being significant if hits some central area or causes some kind of magical feedback?

(This post, for the record, was originally a poorly-written satirical explanation of a conspiracy theory attributing the events of MSLN StrikerS to some sort of Belkan Supremacist faction of the TSA that used Regius and the High Council as patsies. In all likelihood it will be quoted and granted the immortality I meant to deny it with this edit, but I feel that Jimmy C's complaint below was well-founded. And that I was temporarily insane when I wrote the thing in the first place. So away it hopefully goes.)

Last edited by Kikaifan; 2008-02-13 at 14:11.