View Single Post
Old 2009-02-19, 23:43   Link #290
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
then you haven't looked hard enough

(hint: in most material you want at least SOME kind of dithering/grain to make it not block like shit in flat areas, particularly dark ones, and dup really screws with that, as well as with small mouth movements and stuff like that. the gains are insignificant anyway so just don't bother)
Uhm... Dup won't remove that grain (I know, you probably didn't mean it since you very well know that, just used bad phrasing I guess), it'll only might make it appear more stable on a still scene. I personally much rather like to see "static" grain rather than some shit that jumps around like crazy even when nothing happens in a scene. I think that for an effect like this is worth using it...

@checkers
I'd be well interested in knowing what that was... I encountered problems with using 0.3 just a single time, and that was a pan on a static scene where it moved just by one single line (stupid mahou shoujo craziness). Using 0.2 helped, but then 0.2 is so low it barely affected the other, non-problematic areas.