View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 20:07   Link #2522
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I totally suck at reading property markets, however I wonder, if financing laws are actually draconian and local-centric in Japan, shouldn't getting property loans be difficult there?

Another thing is, since the earthquake, there has been a flood of infrastructure redvelopment funds pouring into Japan, should't the excess liquidity lower the yield rates for the forthcoming years too?
Those are good points.

1) Typically from my experience you can get around these things with LC guarantees, Foreign HoldCo and Foreign GP / LP structures, especially if the assets are fixed and in a local jurisdiction.. but you're right, borrowing restrictions shouldn't just be "assumed away."

2) -Delete- Er, yeah.. What Sumeragi said.

Anyways, with my recent personal investment record lately, even if I could (which I can't) .. I shouldn't

Part of the reason I was thinking of it randomly while on vacation and again recently is because my firm's Real Estate group has been incredibly busy in the last two years basically doing what I just described but with industrial and commercial real estate around the world. Investors are hungry, starving even, for yield .. and ultimately this means the market for it will crap out soon just like it did for super growth investments

Last edited by willx; 2012-10-02 at 20:18.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote