View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 12:06   Link #148
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
And part of the problem arises when we assume that the male lead SHOULD be the star of the show. Because he's the lead male character, right? Right? But no, he isn't.

So basically, if I'm going to look for a show where girls are the stars of the story, I would actually prefer moe-moe K-On than any harem show with that kind of male lead.
Umm yeah. K-On definitely fits one of my descriptions above (Girls as the real star), unfortunately it misses the "wish-fulfillment" part which can be found in any harem series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
If you are the extremist on overpowered harem main character Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica, he is pretty unique as a harem main character, though he is quite the pervert which himself knows. The Light Novel haven't got translated yet, but the anime is out. The anime is not well detailed as the light novel, but by the first episode you generally get what type of character he is.
I'd say that this example of yours feel kinda extreme. The MC in this series can be compared ekually with Rance in the sense that he can have the way with his harem whatever he want not giving any crap (seriously, how many times in the series he can sexually harass the girls and get away from it?)
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote