View Single Post
Old 2013-03-09, 13:17   Link #3477
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
But... Sugou IS one-dimensional... And so is Gabriel ._.

Though I don't believe SAO is rubbish, I just wish Reki could make another interesting villain, with real motives behind his actions.
I mean, Sugou, I can sort of understand, on some level, because he wanted money. But he seemed crazy and delusional with his god-complex, without any good reason.
I suppose I just prefer villains to be complex, and varying...
I am not gonna argue whether Gabriel is one-dimensional or not but I don't think Gabriel is acting without any motive at all. Kawahara even allocated a whole chapter just for Gabriel himself, explaining his motive of sort. If you had read Chapter 6 and still refuse to accept his motive as a "real motive", then I have nothing to say. It's in my opinion that his motives were justifiable.

@novalysis
I feel it's still too early to say that the anime will show Kirito taking out 30k people through the Incarnate Power. Since the light novel is still in the early stage of Alicization arc, there is a possibility that Kawahara might change the story for a fair bit. But even so, I didn't find Kirito's method of wiping out 30k people nonsensical at all. It's just Kawahara was writing it in a rather exaggerated way.