View Single Post
Old 2007-11-16, 17:26   Link #96
ドラマの殿下
百裂拳
*Fansubber

Ah yes... Back in the day (Early 2005), it was decided that I become a timer for a forum that I used to frequent. The cause? I was looking for Kino no Tabi episodes (hadn't watched it at the time), and the active (extension fansub group) ops of that forum struck a deal, that they would fork over a torrent. In return, they announced they would groom me (later, put them in their graves) and have me time for them. Good coercion, eh? I love those guys (One may be a guy... or girl, but I love them too). But after timing a few projects (Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust in .JP, and Elfen Lied DVD special), I went off on my own around September 2005.

I formed my own group, and hid the fact that it was my group from public (like I hid that dead hooker in the closet) , started on Guyver: The Bio-boosted Armor, and I had to learn/beg my way through this project, as my translation skills were not as... broad as they are now (which is still not broad enough). I was particularly fond of the one-episode-per-month release schedule. Eventually, learned a lot (Thank you salinde ) from that project (1 and a half bloody years to finish) to expand my horizon, and try new projects.

And now, I've developed a sarcastic feel, and it affects every line I enter into notepad when translating. While not significantly devoid of original meaning, I do enjoy writing a script that fits the tone. Doesn't everyone?
ドラマの殿下 is offline   Reply With Quote