View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 16:23   Link #2064
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
And of course we'll never reach a consensus on this matter either because we have entirely different perspectives on this as well.
True enough, in the end I can only say that the facts are the facts, the rest is what I personally infer as most logical from those facts.

Quote:
Although for the sake of argument here, that's not entirely true. Ranka's singing has always lured the Vajra and that didn't change but rather, the Vajra's behavior is what seem to have changed in episode 21. If you notice when Ranka sings for the second time, they are still violent and their plan was to purge a part of the colony since that was as much as they could do at that point.
She still managed to lure them, which pointed to a much higher degree of control than she had demonstrated before. The logical inference still is that she could have worked out the kinks with the Frontier military, especially seeing how just one episode later we saw that there were programs about the use of fold waves ( when Luca noticed that Sheryl was emanating them ).

Now, it is of course quite okay to say that this possibility simply didn't occur to Ranka.

Quote:
I also disagree with what you seem to call Ranka's "underlying" motivations otherwise I believe she would have just left without notifying Alto at all. Ranka's plan was a direct result of finding out what Ai-kun was along with putting pieces of her past together.
Sorry, but those underlying things were pretty much spelled out. Ranka thinking to herself that Alto never heard her song, with giving him the "goodbye, I really wanted you to be it" speech showed quite clearly that she had realized that Alto wasn't that much into her as she thought. Of course this is kinda conflictive with her wanting him to accompany her, but I'd say this was a last-ditch attempt to sway him romantically.

And for the "fleeing from having to sing for Frontier" motivation, she herself said that she couldn't do it anymore.