View Single Post
Old 2009-10-03, 01:00   Link #58
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Chicago isn't? Chicago is one of the most segregated and racial communities still in the US. One of the worst educational system in the states, and the city has made no stride to improve it at all. Exact opposite, they are literally trying to push out poor minority groups into either bigger **** holes or to the subs(Who are incapable of handling the problem). The political systems has been corrupt for many many years

Japan speaks for itself, Probably the most homogeneous society out of the first world countries. Which results in some of the most backwater racial ideals present in the first world countries. It's the exact opposite of what the Olympics are meant to be. Not to mention, Japan seemed really half-heart over it which was probably the reason why they didn't get it.

Madrid...beautiful place, but here are their players from Beijing

And Rio, As you said. It's a 3rd world city. They are probably going do something exactly like China. Use it as an excuse to tear down multiple slums and poor areas. Force them out, and make a higher class area after it is all said and done...that's even if it gets done. They'll be lucky if half the money goes to it with how corrupt the city is.

But atleast, Rio is by a beautiful area and has this.
Spoiler for Ass:

Also to note, it is the first time ever for the games to held in South America.

The Olypmics are the perfect excuse to hide corrupt behind a pretty face. Don't act like Rio is the only pile of crap presenting itself. This isn't directed towards you, but more just the onslaught of why's Rio we will get.
Nah I see positive things about Olympics, I believe 1988 Olympic in Seoul was able to influence the political change in Korea. Like Mystique said many of negativity in that country will be shown to the world, and maybe influencing them to change.

I was expecting Rio to get it and I think it was the right choice. I just feel that aside from the geography reason Brazil will have more passion for this event than America, Japan, and Spain as all three of them have hosted this event in their cities. So having the Olympic for the first time in that area might make them more passionate to it.