View Single Post
Old 2011-02-27, 04:54   Link #554
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I called it garbage compared to the hype. No need to link it. That post was more me having fun with it anyhow than a completely serious critque. Admittedly I was trying to stir up debate.

Anyhow I don't want to keep debating about Nanoha in this thread as it is off topic. Feel free to bring it to PM.

My basic point was that many of the criticisms he made about Madoka are very similar to the ones I made about Nanoha either in similarity or gravity. In my personal opinion you are not refuting my points any better than people have attempted to refute Kaijo's points.

Most importantly, I was trying to show how he either has a double standard, or is contradicting his stance a little bit. I believe his displeasure goes beyond simply plot holes that really bear little consequence on the plot (Fridge logic again). OK Homura kills Kyube. Another Kyube body finds Madoka eventually. Great, can we get on with the plot now?

I am asking him to just admit that his dislike of it is more broad because that's what I have interpeted from him. If I'm wrong, he'll reply, and give me some of his own reasoning.

The problem is, if you can't accept that the points I made about Nanoha are similar in nature/gravity/etc., then all discussion is moot from then on.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote