View Single Post
Old 2008-01-30, 12:32   Link #2
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Wow...seven discs for a 13 episode series? Looks like Bandai Visual USA is trying to price this the same as Galaxy Angel Rune:

Quote:
True Tears will have...one episode on the first volume and two on the subsequent six volumes. Single episode volumes are being done at $29.99 while two episode volumes are at $39.99.
I applaud them for bringing it to the US quickly, but the pricing is so much higher than what R1 releases historically go for, it's hard not to feel ripped off. I guess I'll have to see after Netflix-ing it if it's worth buying or not, as good as it's been so far it might be.

Makes me wonder though--did anyone buy Galaxy Angel Rune at the same prices? Maybe enough people did that they considered it a success, but I would have expected it sold badly and that Bandai would have learned their lesson from that. Funi's CEO recently said in an interview he thought single-volume releases would go away and be replaced with just box sets...Bandai Visual USA seems to have different ideas, though...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote