View Single Post
Old 2012-02-17, 21:40   Link #247
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon4281isback View Post
I forgot a few other people, but I'm a calm person about it. I believe in Karma, and karma is definitely coming for a few people in Guilty Crown after the s**t they've done...I'm a patient man...
Hell yeah. If you think about it, Souta is actually more of a wimp/coward than even Shu is. Everything that happened to Shu, he have yet to mentally ran away from.

I will say this as well. Shu if a fucking wimp/coward and is indecisive. Definitely true. However, he's also very courageous by that fact that he face everything he went through without running away and making excuses.

He first met Inori. He let the soldiers take Inori without any sort of resistance. He faced himself and saying that he is a total coward. It takes courage to admit to yourself that you're a coward. He went and find Funeral Parlor.

He trusted Yahiro but was betrayed by Yahiro. He fully faced the fact that Yahiro betrayed him but he is understanding and forgave Yahiro.

He had to kill Yahiro's brother. He faced the fact that he killed Yahiro's brother and admitted it directly to Yahiro's face.

The students were locked within the walls. He faced the fact that things will not go as peaceful even if he wishes it to be. He was willing to become a leader after Yahiro promoted him.

Hare was killed. He never ran away from the truth that she's dead. No, he just went ****** Hitler. Either way, he never ran from her death. Just did something that is not what she wished.

Even when he was being tyranical, he was still trying to save the students and was betrayed by them AND Gai. Let see how he will face that next episode.

Souta on the other hand after all that morals and "white" talk several episodes back, betrayed Shu and made an excuse for it by saying he's not wrong to betray Shu. Total coward and not taking any responsibilities for his own actions.

I do have to agree that Shu/Inori is very boring. There's like no dynamics between the two which is a bit sad really because they could have made the relationship between the two a bit more interesting.

Last edited by Enternal; 2012-02-17 at 22:00. Reason: Made it a bit clearer.