View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 03:26   Link #181
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Eh? blamed by who? when? how was this feeling invoked
Blamed by Araragi. For telling Karen on the phone where to find Kaiki. She says "I'd prefer you didn't try to act like this was my fault" which prompts Araragi to talk about how she scared Oshino by her ability to always find the answer, and to warn her that she should be aware of her own strength.

Quote:
Now, I am even more confused... what do you mean
Hanekawa is attracted by the supernatural. She hates her life so she's looking for things that could lead her "outside". That's the whole reason she was attracted to Araragi in the first place, remember? And throughout Bakemonogatari she was always listening to his stories about the supernatural. He was her window into a different world that she's fascinated by, because it lets her forget her ordinary life. She may be forced to give up her love for Araragi, but that doesn't mean she's giving up searching for kaii, in her own subtle way. In this case she helped Karen find the source of the curse. A curse that she knew was real and Karen didn't. Her sense of detachment and thoughtless helpfulness led directly to the situation that Karen is in.

As I said before, curiosity killed the cat.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote