View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 23:57   Link #13
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Ok... let's start with depicting what are the non-canon stories that might probably be brushed off when depicting modern story. Like <<Versus>> and <<There is one but ultimate way>>.

Should those stories be actually counted in discussion?

Second, is VR in 2022 a little bit too advanced? I mean, sure, we have 3D right now, and someone has already worked on a Kinect-powered AR, but I still feel that we're still off of discovering such a thing. I mean when you look at the Biotech world, has there been progress about interpreting neuro-signals?
Quote:
A new device may give physicist Stephen Hawking the ability to talk just by thinking about the words. Hawking tested out the iBrain last summer, but the results - that the device can decipher different human brain wave patterns - were only revealed recently.
The iBrain was developed by Phillip Low, adjunct professor at the Stanford School of Medicine and co-founder/CEO/chairman of device manufacturer NeuroVigil, and his team. The portable machine, which is approximately the size of a small matchbox and attached to the head with a black headband, can be used to measure and diagnose neural conditions like sleep apnea, depression and autism. Data can be monitored remotely, saving researchers time and money according to KGTV.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...t-by-thinking/
We might not get a full immersion like NervGear by 2022 but i think we will have something like .Hack at least.