View Single Post
Old 2007-02-02, 20:00   Link #48
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Did anyone else think that the far more interesting problem of the divide between Shiori and Kaori got dealt with far too quickly. It felt to me that the more interesting facet of this arc, the sisterly relationship had been, up until that point the main focus and conflict, and yet it was just resolved over what was essentially a sudden change of heart on Kaori's part. So, she was forced to be with her sister, and she had a good time at the party. And then, bang, everything's hunky-dory between them. Just too quick, IMO.

Other than that, fair episode. I've been a little disappointed with the handling of the Shiori arc this time round, my main complaint being the one above, but it's been missing something that's been in KyoAni's other arcs that makes it a tad underwhelming. Which it really shouldn't be, since it has the potential to be the most dramatic if they handle things correctly. I'm not sure what it is, though... I can't quite put my finger on what it's missing.

The fact that they weren't conclusive about the ending makes me think that she's
Spoiler:
Though that's just speculation.