Thread: Licensed Fractale (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-19, 17:03   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
it would be funny if he does retire... I want to think he is trying to put a challenge on himself by making that statement. Pressure is sometimes good or so they say. I do have my doubts about the show, but I'm trying to be enthusiastic since I've liked his works in the past.

I would like to disagree with the last part, though. I think he is a great creative force with some very interesting ideas. The dancing numbers, the different OP/ED, Haruhi 00 and Kannagi are all testament of the work he has so far done. Concepts like making an hilarious and badly done amateur film, or playing with the idea of a goddess being an idol is something very genuine and out of the ordinary. That alone deserves credit.

I think people should have a more positive thinking. Everyone is already wishing for this show to fail.
Sure, nothing wrong with setting a challenge for yourself. However, that's the kind of thing you usually keep for yourself. It just sounds like a publicity stunt for me. If he is serious, in a way, that's even worse, since it means he's planning to give up instead of pondering over the reasons for his anime's failure in a effort to try to come up with something better later on. Yes, it's wrong to assume that if people don't like your work, it simply means they "don't get it". It may just mean your work sucks. It's good to reflect upon yourself from time to time.

Oh, I'm not claiming he's bad, I'm just saying he's not as important as he might think he is. He's had a few very good ideas but they weren't exactly revolutionary for me. I couldn't care less about dancing anime. I loved Haruhi's episode 00 though.