View Single Post
Old 2009-06-23, 00:05   Link #83
dark-kyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Oh my, if I had known Hina was going to sing I would have prepared myself more properly for the occasion.

Anyways, it was a stellar build-up episode, doing a splendid job at it's purpose. Kotetsu really is an interesting person, and I have to wonder whether he or the SPs are more useless overall. I hope he doesn't become fodder for even the minor characters to eat like Himuro and Azumamiya, though that doesn't seem to be the case according to the spoilers in this topic. A character who I wouldn't mind becoming minor fodder though is Nagi herself. I'm just not too fond of the girl, and it's even worse when her blind and one sided love is now getting in the way on the true developments for Hayate. Go back to being the Index of this show twin tails, it makes for a more entertaining show overall. Sorry to all those Nagi fans out there, but to each their own. Though I do have to admit that her being such a detestable kidnapee was quite amusing.

So on to the main event, the Hina concert. Points for cosplay! Points for singing Cruel Angel Thesis! Points for syncing it along with Hayate's little running montage, which was epic in its own strange way. I was choking on my drink though when Hayate ended up forgetting about his promise to Hina thanks to twintails, but he pulled through in the end, and now it seems like the stage is set for some mind-blowing revelations next week. I won't lie, I'm quite excited, and not knowing what's going to happen is a huge plus as well.

Other minor points... I'm really starting to take a shine to both Wataru and Sakuya. They work not just together, but as stand alone characters, and I have no idea why it took this long for me to realize this. They need more screentime.

Speaking of which, am I the only one who misses Wakamoto's more prominent role in the first season?
again doing pointless comparing,well this time i gona counterattack,sorry hina fan but if nagi is index of to aru majustu i feel what hina would be the kawashima ami of toradora.