Thread: Licensed GaoGaiGar
View Single Post
Old 2004-05-23, 16:48   Link #7
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
I've seen the series before, long ago when digisubbing wasn't nearly as feasable as it is today, but I'm loving it all over again. I can't wait until you guys in AiA get to Final, as I haven't seen that yet, but by all means finish the tv series first.

Apparently Takara either completely or jointly owns the rights to the tv series, Takara made the toy line that went with the show, and their demand is that the show can only be licensed if the toyline is as well. Bad business sense if you ask me, since if the show was brought over here a market for the toys would be soon to follow. Plus GGG could easily be turned into a television series over here.

So yeah, the point is the show will most likely never be licensed.
What I would like is for Sunrise's entire Space Police-Series to get licensed here in the States. It was a giant chronicle that started in the year 1990 all the way to 1996. During that time about 8 TV Anime series chronicling the saga of the Space-Police--often with these energy-beings lending their powers to Earth's children to combat forces of evil--were produced, mostly notable ones were: Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh(1991), Legendary Hero Da-Gun(1992), Genki Bakuhatsu Gunbalger(1992) and others. Admittedly, these shows became rather formulaic after "Da-Gun," and are riddled with merchandising(Read: Toys, also, wink wink to the Big Toy Companies ), truth is--they were good, and I grew up on it

Currently, only two(that I know of) of the some 8 Space-Police series' have been re-released on DVD and that is Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh and Hero Ex-Kaizer--supposedly the first series that started the Space-Police saga. The Raijin-Oh DVD Boxset is a monster 10-DVD box which houses all 51 episodes of the original TV series as well as four OVAs produced during and after the initial run. The price... 55000 Yen--count the zeroes--and I am so tempted to actually spend that much
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote