View Single Post
Old 2010-01-26, 05:29   Link #1925
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Sadly I kinda ruined ... be a Umineko and repeat the closed room theme over and over. I'm eagerly awaiting the second novel, releases this June I believe.
So much I want to comment on this but so much easier to spoil the more I type. The relationship chart between characters and the setting of the world's so much more complex. The rest of the novels still follow the "mystery" per novel route (obviously different type of murders), but I'm not commenting more than that because it's always more fun for you to find out.

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me at all if he recycles the "I want to be chosen, not just loved" issue with Zen and Medaka.
I definitely agree with this for Zen and Medaka's case (poor guy's just too self-conscious with probably a big inferiority complex, but like Medaka's brother said the fact that he's that way makes him normal, vice versa). I like Zen's arch-type character because I hate the type that's similar (usually with a male who is clearly a very capable person, but always refuse to believe that the female protagonist likes him); in other words, I hate unfound self-belittling where the guy just go I'M-NOT-WORTHY for no reason, but given legitimate reason, it is a lot easier to sympathize with the character.

Among all Nisio's cast, the strongest with a doubt all belong to the Zaregoto series. With that said, I've always wonder if Medaka will eventually able to get strong enough to last a couple minutes against Aikawa. For the same reason, I can never ever see Medaka as DEM because she is just so much weaker than Aikawa (who can probably even kill vampire Shinobu from Bakemonogatari). What's even more beautiful is that at such a ridiculous level she's not a Mary Sue because of how the world is set up. To be honest, even in Medaka's world, she still gets trashed pretty badly and need power-ups.

Quote:
And because it needs to be said again, Aikawa can make an awesome first impression!
Hail the Queen!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote