View Single Post
Old 2006-12-16, 15:01   Link #39
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Gaara View Post
He has that permenent sand over is skin to protect him so it could come from there !
Gaara certainly controls the armor of sand. Thats a technique he developed later. As a child however, he most likely never had it; the chakra consumption alone.... However, as a child he did have the automatic sand defense. Just for clarification, I was questioning his level of control. As a child, gaara carried no gourd, had no armor of sand, and even in a closed sandless room the sand defense was there in full force. Remember how much sand blocked the knife or the explosion and remember that it just mysteriously disappears? Anyway, before there was a question about perhaps aloss of ability with the MS conformation compared to the normal sharingan. Ipointed out that losses of ability with transformations aren't that bad. Gaara seems to lose his automatic sand defense when he transforms to a mini shukaku. Then hunter, said he doesn't as he has control even over the automatic sand defense. He makes the excellent point that gaara used that very same sand to carve the kanji on his forehead. Nonetheless, while I see Hunter (and subaku kyu's) points and am beginning to slide over to their camp, I'm still not entirely bought. I'm having a hard time getting over the heavily repeated statement that the shield moves regardless of gaara's will and the fact that even as child it was present in so much force despite the times where sand wasn't all that present. As a child, gaara did not have the armor of sand and he did not have the gourd. In a closed room, where did the sand come from and in so much force?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote