View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 10:02   Link #3008
Umandsf
Fanboy of Ai Haibara
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Umandsf Send a message via MSN to Umandsf
Honestly surprised at the outcome of these matches.
Picks: 2-0
Predictions: 8-4

Yuki Nagato @ The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
–VS–
Haruhi Suzumiya @ The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
–VS–
Eruruu @ The One Being Sung* OVA

If you missed it last week, we had a Round 2 tie for the first time in Saimoe history. If only Eruruu wasn’t there. It would have been fun (but probably too predictable). Eruruu has the distinction of winning the first Saimoe match I ever witnessed back in 2007. Since then, I thought the whole tournament was an interesting idea (then again, I feel kind of addicted to all tournaments. I wonder what you would call that. Tourneyphilia?) As for winner…bah, I have to go with Haruhi, even if I don’t want to. Actually, for some strange reason, I want Eruruu to win.

* Utawarerumono, for those who are utterly confused.

Nodoka Haramura @ Saki
–VS–
Miyako Miyamura @ ef -a tale of memories-

Oh, Nodoka. Your Round 1 win will always be a memorable one to me. A little recap for those who don’t know. Back in the middle of Round 1, I went back to school and got my own printer. I got the crazy idea of printing out all the winners’ posters and hanging them up on my one blank wall until all 96 were up. It was fun (and a total waste of ink), until this match. Like Momoko’s mystery poster, her poster ended up also being a bit of a funny joke. Apparently, they figured that while other posters show the most important identifying feature of a character, this one would show a close-up of…her arm over her boobs. When I saw that, I had the biggest facepalm I have ever had in my entire life. So much so that I was actually feeling angry for the next few days because of it. Rather silly, yes, but by this point, I had already established that for me, that kind of fanservice was just stupid and unnecessary, which is also why I tend to pick-and-choose my shows today. I don’t care about it, I don’t like it when it’s used, but I know others are going to go all over it. Anyway, things didn’t get any better when another poster came out, but it was the same one only zoomed out so you actually have a face. To this day, it’s the only poster of the 96 that I absolutely refused to put on my wall (ended up with a quick and cruddy alternative). A bit of research unearth that the show was full of fanservice, too much for my liking, so even though I was intrigued by this powerhouse show dominating the tournament, I know I’ll never end up seeing it. I’m…sorry. I’m rambling again. Although I would like Miyako to win, I know Nodoka will easily cruise to victory.