View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 12:24   Link #586
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Nice toughts Archon, A's was also the climax of the frnchise for me, StrikerS had it's very awesome moments and it was a fun ride in the end but also had more "details" to pick on than the previous season and most of my awe was for the developement of the A's cast anyway. Still i found some memorable characters(Subaru, Zest, Agito) and others who grew on me over time(Teana, Vice, Carim, Schach, Lutecia, etc...). The new mangas has been difficult to swallow for me, specially FORCE which attacked most of what i found awesome in A's directly xDU

My feelings for the incoming movie had been mixed, i'm eager to see it to watch the Wolkenritter being awesome again and seeing them fight in high-budget flashy battles, but story wise i'm a bit worried, since they now have this "StrikerS-like" approach. I like StrikerS but i feel each season have it's own style and should remain that way. A's was more about epic fantasy and one-on-one duels with just few elements of military scy-fi thrown into the mix, the concept of Ancient Belka was still fresh by that point and the Wolkenritter were involved in an aura of mistery ....the same as Fate and the Jewel Seeds on Season 1. Which is a direct contras with Jail and the numbers whe were presented as a very modern(even futuristic) terrorist group with ambush tactics, tactical teamwork support and the like, also the setting is totally different(The technomagically advanced Mid-Childa in contrast with the very normal and magic ignorant city of Uminari, Japan).

I'm trying to see the positive and don't make huge expectations, MOVIE 1st worked for me cause i saw that as a complement for the original Season One si i'll try this approach with MOVIE 2nd A's to avoid direct comparission since the original A's have a special place in my heart which cannot be replaced by a mere higher budget and flashy stuff, i'll wait for the story the different story the movie will try to tell me.

P.S.- Preparing mentally for Signum's defeat at the hands of Fate since i know executive won't allow Fate to "lose" in this movie xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote