View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 12:29   Link #58
Katapan
俺様祭り

> Shrade's vector crossing dimensions
Oh, maybe you're going to do it after all, Kawamori.
> ... but there are no life signs!
... lol.

In a nutshell: the shinyuu plot was nothing more than a huge tease (okay, this much is partly my fault for ever expecting such a production to go any further, but they even had a fujoshi in the cast and barely did anything with her in the end?!), big bangs were regained (seriously, what was the point? You give Andy his admirable speech and then have the big bangs come back just for show at the very end...? That doesn't serve a single purpose but to undo the character development you'd managed to achieve for at least one side character!), and I was left sorely disappointed.

I'll make sure to remember EVOL for its first half. It's just a huge shame that the resolution, which wasn't that bad per se (I did at least enjoy the Amata/Mikono final bits, but definitely not Zessica's face in the group picture...), has to be overshadowed by the fact that the series promised too many things at the beginning and obviously couldn't deliver in every aspect. I just can't help but brush off the feeling that the staff decided to set their priorities to AKB0048 halfway through and just felt like getting EVOL over with. That'll teach me to get this involved in a Kawamori series because the designs and cast were more appealing than usual. >_<