View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 23:31   Link #23738
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I see. Well, I like what you're reporting.

I have had the idea that End was not written by whoever meta-Battler or meta-Beatrice represent (as the meta-world depicts both of them as not having anything to do with the story's telling), but rather End represents a 3rd-party's interpretation, like the public's interpretation in general. And this is why it's so different.

I also like the idea that Eva, or maybe someone else (Ange?), wrote Banquet. I always thought it was strange that Eva lived in Banquet but not in Alliance.

And on the other hand it makes plenty of sense to me that Tooya wrote Alliance, Dawn, and Twilight.
So, we have at least three different perspectives. I guess what this means is that each perspective holds a certain amount of truth to it. I'm also getting that feeling that this is all just a metaphor for what Ryukishi has been saying all along, we all have different perspectives on the story and that, in itself, allows us to win because there is no right or wrong answer. Sure, it leads most of us unsatified since we don't get straight- up answers but I guess the victory comes from the fact that we are able to make up our assumptions without them. Which leads into the different kinds of detectives we have- Battler, Erika, and Will- and their respective styles and viewpoints. So, I guess our primary goal in this adventure would be to decided which side we take, then we can see where that road takes us and try a different perspective when we reach a dead end. So I guess when it comes to Shkannon, it's one those "doesn't matter which side you take, as long as you find an answer" kind of deals and that we can solve the story with or without it.
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote