Thread: Smash Hit!
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-28, 20:05   Link #54
Seiryuu

Why am I the only one willing to back up Cosprayers? Admittedly, it was week-old crap in many ways, but this is going overboard. At least the characters were believable, and things seemed to fit pretty well. Watch the show carefully and the ending DOES make sense. Also, this "bondage" bit is getting old. Why is it that when a general, coach, or teacher beats the snot out of a guy to get him to face his enemy and start fighting, it's called a normal teaching method or something the idiot had coming, while when a woman does it to a girl who whines that SHE can't face THEIR enemies, it's called bondage? Oh, BTW, stop comparing Cosprayers to the ep2 bit. In case you haven't noticed, that's supposed to be the version that was so horrendous that the producer was dumbfounded. In ep2, the writer and she work to bring it back to this side of bearability. The only things I really hated were the "Tennis Racquet Orgasmatron" and the "Sing away the Evil" bit at the end. BTW, could someone seed the Triad version of it? I'm trying to get the series from them and I'm making no progress.
As for smash hit, great show. Hilarious characters and funny situations, an overly unique show getting dragged through the dirt, I'm gonna enjoy this. As for the 25-yr-old child, I don't think it's all that unbelievable, nor was it designed thus to give the audience yet another cute childish face to look at. I think it was mainly done to add more humorous conflict to the girl's life, not to mention it should add to her hatred of kids' shows. Anyway, it's not the first time I've seen someone who looks extremely young. I met a girl in summer school awhile ago. She was 15. She was complaining alot of the time, because everyone thought she was lost and wanted to help her find her mommy. At fifteen years old, she didn't look a day over seven. Kinda pathetic, really. But just thought I'd say it DOES happen