View Single Post
Old 2009-07-12, 20:13   Link #823
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Reckoner, can you please add the to me (you) clause when you say that "The art style and type of animation is just bad for this series." You have made a grossly generalized statement over here that would be open to other people refuting your point by stating their own personal exception to this generalization. I won't argue for nor against it, but that way you will be less open to unfound criticism this way.

I personally don't dwell that much about the art style.

Now for my own argument.
What is more critical and interesting in my book are the variations from the original text have been done on purpose.

It goes without saying that overstepping the original parameters of 15,488 is fairly blatant, but in itself such a variation might be easily dismissed as done 'in convenience'. Upon further inspection however, I found that the subtle, yet crucial nature of variation in each anime iteration would strongly suggest that KyoAni had carried out its script intentionally so.

My support for that the subtle changes in clothing choices not following the novels come from the fact that I have found no deviation from Tanigawa's text on loop 15,488 except for the wardrobe change, and also in the purposely done part by KyoAni to go beyond the original loops. Given that KyoAni has actually implemented the novels faithfully in dialogue after my comparison of all existing materials, there is no reason why it is of artistic interpretation rationale for the wardrobe to vary...

to further build on this, a remarkable degree of pattern consistancy in the choice of Yukata is present. As such, it leaves me with no doubt that KyoAni had full intent on deviating from the original novels. My prior posts should be sufficient to build my argument.

PS: This support for my argument has only come due to the sheer number of this very same chapter been retold and done with meticulous attention on selected details, despite the vast difference in art style and scene focus.

Yes, [I do] wish for more loops... I have benefited from these recursions in having a control (novel) to compare with result sets (4 recursions), that is why I am unapologetic about wanting more recursions since additional dataset allows for a more concrete conclusion and a sounder thesis on my part. This, is the kick that I get out of the endless recursion of time. Is that really an insulting proposition?

Surely I jest. It is not as if that I am indifferent to those that are fuming over this trolling act, but that my selfish want for stronger argument overrules my emphatic sentiments.

@
Terrestrial Dream
hopefully the new videos won't burn quite the same way as Virtual Boy did... literally.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2009-07-12 at 21:11.