View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 16:51   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Personally, I just can't compartmentalize things so much, I guess. Fanservice in an action scene is, to me, just eye candy and doesn't generally break the mood. I had no problem watching something like Strike Witches for that reason.
Fanservice in fights can definitely work as long as the fight itself is presented with comedic or not-so-serious tone (like what we get so far in this anime). But when it comes to serious fight (as in, the fighters can get badly hurt or even die, or the fight itself is intended to cause grief), I agree with Triple R that they should be more focusing on the actual fighting elements as in "attacks thrown, where they hit, and how the combatants respond to the attacks" and the likes. For example, how would you feel if (in Fate/Zero) Ufotable decided to focus on Saber’s boobs and ass whenever she fights? I personally will consider it insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I honestly find the Strike Witches approach to camera focus during combat to be jarringly unnatural, and immersion-breaking.
Hell yeah. I couldn't agree more.