View Single Post
Old 2009-09-04, 21:22   Link #214
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hmm... is this mostly related to the quote about Mikuru being Haruhi's toy?
Mostly. That... and bopping the drowsy Mikuru on the head in frustration after Haruhi was one of the two people who made Mikuru like that to begin with. The bopping thing is just standard fare douchebaggery, though - it's facepalm worthy, but not quite as bad as the "I've decided that Mikuru is my toy!" line.

Quote:

Because I'm not sure that's supposed to be taken at face value. I interpreted that as Haruhi just being defensive and antagonistic because Kyon hurt her feelings; she was getting pretty emotional even before the attempted punch. So I don't know if her views are quite as extreme as they seem (Even if there's certainly some truth to that statement of hers). I might be wrong, of course, but 'She got worked up and became more of a douchemaster because of it' sounds valid enough to me.
After re-watching... you could very well be right. Kyon's not the only one snapping here. Haruhi looks like she snapped too. The way she put her hand on her heart when saying "my toy" was... interesting to me.

... Maybe Haruhi is trying to say "Well, she's not your toy, Kyon! I'm sick and tired of seeing you treat her like your toy! ...So to stop that, I'm making her my toy, so there!" ? Perhaps the line has more to do with Haruhi's jealousy over Kyon's affections for Mikuru than anything truly malicious or evil or utterly out of it.