Thread: Licensed Saraiya Goyou
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-23, 13:58   Link #72
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
'Breaking under the strain of being in a kidnapping group' seems incredibly unlikely given how he's being coddled as the 'pickle boy', having money thrown at him waved off as 'hush money' or most importantly the highly focused personal interest he is recieving from all corners.
The only one that seems personally interested in Akitsu is Yaichi. The rest are just doing some high pressure recruitment tactics. I don't think they dislike him, but all their focus on him inevitably ends up being "so, are you going to join us yet?"

Quote:
Yaichi's fascination with him beyond his combat strength only contributes to this, as it only makes it more likely that Masa will be allowed to stay there without approaching his moral boundaries.
This assumes that Yaichi's interest in Akitsu is fully altruistic. All we know about it is that Yaichi has said Akitsu is interesting to watch. This doesn't translate out to "I want to keep him the way he is."

Quote:
If there's some greater motive afoot, it's Yaichi's background that's the real question.
Yaichi is the center of the group, so of course his background is the "real question", but we really don't know much about anyone's background except for Ume and his daughter. And even then...

Quote:
It's not my perceptions of real-world same-gender relationships that I've based this on. That is merely a secondary comparison. Rather, it's the similarities this piece has with other works of female fantasy--yaoi, which as I mentioned earlier, I have been exposed to enough to have some familiarity with.
This only makes sense if you assume that those vague "elements of yaoi" (whatever they are) aren't based in reality as well. That there is no way a guy could evidence interest in what another guy does without it falling under the heading of "fantasy." That's pretty ridiculous.
ずっと変りはしない

Last edited by musouka; 2010-04-23 at 14:26. Reason: rudeness on my part
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote