View Single Post
Old 2013-06-28, 09:30   Link #689
Irenesharda

Who knows, I personally think there is nothing now that could stop L-11 from becoming a pilot later on.

We now know that you don't have to be a VVV pilot to be an immortal, nor do you have to be from JIOR or a student of Sakimori. We also see with Cain that it's not really about the machine, but having a connection with the entity running the machine. He seems to be able to take Blue and could theoretically transfer him from one machine to another as he needs too. He never signed a contract or injected, so it could also be speculated that Magius don't have the same limitations in piloting Valvraves that humans do.

Also, L-elf has a reason now to become a pilot. Before, he thought he was fighting a war to revolutionize Dorssia, but now he's finding that his real fight is against immortals. And he seems to personally want to defeat Cain, which he can't do at his current strength even though he is pretty much a human at its peak. He needs an upgrade, he can only do so much as a normal human.

Also, I really see no one else who has the potential to be the next pilot. Takahi and Satomi seem to be relegated to civilian status just as all the rest of the named students, and none of them really have the push to start fighting in the war. I also doubt they are going to suddenly bring in a new character either. L-11 has more reason than most, and if Cain can read his student as easily as I think he can, I can almost guarantee that he know his feelings toward Lisolette. That girl's life could be in some very real danger, especially since most of Dorssia's higher-ups are Magius anyway.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu