Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-13, 00:40   Link #2776
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
DOES point to the team captain, once Kawanishi Kasai... Except this goes against what Wikipedia has, which names Masae Kasai instead as the captain. Is this a case of having a different reading of the Kanji of the surname, or did someone goof up somewhere?
Welcome to the Head-Twirling Kanji World again !
Yes, Real person's name, "河西昌枝" sounds "Kasai Masae", But her family name, "河西" can read as "Kasai" & "Kawanishi" both, as you think.

For example, Momo-chan's family name "河嶋”, it also can reads for "Kashima" "Koujima" "Kawajima" "Kajima" instead of "Kawashima". But, there's still many possibility for existence of rare soundings which can not read properly by rule of Kanji, but made up by relisional or historical reasons. aaagh! I'LL QUIT! I'LL QUIT THE JAPANESE!!! MY BRAIN HURTS, DOCTOR!!

And more complication to come, in the foreign countries, Japanese people's order of name is inverted many time. That makes more confusion. Family name first is correct order, but too sad to say, our ancestor who learn foreign language was thinking they should be follow foreign way to introduce names themselves. And of course, we're too used to Japanese Naming System, and if someone calls somebody's name half, we're depicted perfectly which is First or Last. But most of Japanese people didn't notice, foreign people not used to. vice versa, when foreign people reads Japanese, our name's order is inverted in the "correct way", but no one can sort out "first or last" except Japanese or Well talented japanese speaker, confusion and mistook spreads like hot cheese. Many time, We're introduce by Pet Name instead of Family Name, Order was messed, or mix-up in the way like someone's Pet-name & my Pet-name jointed or some
unknown family-name & my family-name jointed. If you used to the Naming Rule and Order, you can notice how funny foreign-made Japanese characters had weird names..........like our country's creation of foreigner characters' name. (*_*;
Well, anyway!
I wrote in the past post already, we're confirming sounds of Kanji every day, every time, each other. Especially, Somebody's Name is like Anti-Tank Mine in Japanese Social World, if you call somebody's name carelessly without confirmation and then that is sounds wrong, your first impression gonna be down to earth, branded as very rude and careless person! Be careful.......That's terror like mine.

Last edited by florallia; 2012-12-13 at 01:00. Reason: information added
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote