View Single Post
Old 2009-07-20, 21:47   Link #1771
Snowblind
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
It only seems like Alto Received the texts, and rather then texting back, he went to sleep. It only shows 2 texts the entire episode too.
Because he was dead tired having just finished an exhaustive round of tests/training. You'll note that he smiled, though...

Quote:
Love at that point would be alittle too strong of a word. At that point they were friends, and friends generally care about their friends. Plus, theres not much Alto can do because she has his phone number, except read the endless texts she seems to send to him.
Endless? But as magnuskn was nice enough to point out, there were only two... You make it sound like she's harassing him. He certainly doesn't sound like he's being harassed...

Quote:
I would say she isn't consciously self centered, but she doesn't seem that interested in Alto other than as an emotional pillar. After all, she didn't even know who his father was, or that he was a former Kabuki actor until Sheryl told her.
Sheryl didn't tell her. She found out when the movie PA in ep 10 spilled the beans... Sheryl, as far as I can recall, never asked, either. As far as I can tell, she only knew because she met the senior Saotome while judging the Miss Macross contest. Besides, it's clearly not something he was keen on sharing.

Quote:
I would chalk it up to maybe a maternal instinct, after all he even describes Ranka as a fool in the first episode. basically, she being so prone to doing something foolish, at that point in the Anime.
Pssst, he calls Sheryl foolish or reckless on many occasions, too. It's just his way. Does his mean he feels maternal (paternal?) toward Sheryl, too?

Quote:
That's the key, Sheryl grew while Ranka did not, which is alot of the beef with her.
Hmm, what are your conditions for growing?

The Ranka we meet at the beginning of the series is shy, lacks self-confidence, doesn't seem to have much direction, and has been sheltered her whole life.

The Ranka we see at the end is confident, outgoing, and unafraid to risk life and limb for what she wants and what she believes in... kinda like a certain other pop star...

Nope, no growth....

Last edited by Snowblind; 2009-07-20 at 22:01.