View Single Post
Old 2009-07-20, 22:00   Link #1774
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Sheryl didn't tell her. She found out when the movie PA in ep 10 spilled the beans... Sheryl, as far as I can recall, never asked, either. As far as I can tell, she only knew because she met the senior Saotome while judging the Miss Macross contest. Besides, it's clearly not something he was keen on sharing.
In a world where internet spreads galaxy wide, such information would not have been difficult to attain.

On the other hand, Sheryl would have known seeing how both individuals are in the entertainment business. But this is besides the point. The fact is, it was not until episode 21 when Ranka finally asked Alto why he wanted to fly. Prior to that, Ranka never asked Alto anything about him. When Alto and Ranka were together, we hear Ranka talk about herself... well, all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
The Ranka we meet at the beginning of the series is shy, lacks self-confidence, doesn't seem to have much direction, and has been sheltered her whole life.

The Ranka we see at the end is confident, outgoing, and unafraid to risk life and limb for what she wants and what she believes in... kinda like a certain other pop star...

Nope, no growth....
Really? Episode 20 seems to indicate otherwise about your claim regarding her confidence. When she departed in 21, she wasn't really confident. Please do not tell me that she was actually confident she can pull it off. You are going to have to try extra hard to convince me of that.

Never mind that the only thing notable about Ranka aside from the singing in episode 25 was "rescue me!"

The Ranka we met in the beginning claimed that she wanted to sing because she wanted others to know about her existence. At the end, we met a Ranka who wanted to sing for... one person.

Growth? Yeah...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.