View Single Post
Old 2009-07-20, 22:20   Link #1776
Snowblind
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
In a world where internet spreads galaxy wide, such information would not have been difficult to attain.

On the other hand, Sheryl would have known seeing how both individuals are in the entertainment business. But this is besides the point. The fact is, it was not until episode 21 when Ranka finally asked Alto why he wanted to fly. Prior to that, Ranka never asked Alto anything about him. When Alto and Ranka were together, we hear Ranka talk about herself... well, all the time.
But she does ask. Ergo she is interested. Who cares about the timeline. Time, opportunity and circumstance can all play roles.

Quote:
Really? Episode 20 seems to indicate otherwise about your claim regarding her confidence. When she departed in 21, she wasn't really confident. Please do not tell me that she was actually confident she can pull it off. You are going to have to try extra hard to convince me of that.
Did I say that? Did I use that as an example. I just said she was confident. Even the most confident person can have doubts.

Quote:
Never mind that the only thing notable about Ranka aside from the singing in episode 25 was "rescue me!"
Because she was supposed to break out of Galaxy all by herself, right? Or somehow martyr herself? You'd be pretty desperate for help, too, I think.

Quote:
The Ranka we met in the beginning claimed that she wanted to sing because she wanted others to know about her existence. At the end, we met a Ranka who wanted to sing for... one person.
We have a Ranka who was afraid to sing to more than one person singing to thousands, we have a Ranka who's willing to throw down the gauntlet and challenge Sheryl for what she wants, we have a Ranka who has put herself into harm's way to try and help people.

Quote:
Growth? Yeah...
Yep, it sure is! Thanks for agreeing.