View Single Post
Old 2010-01-04, 12:34   Link #16
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
This one's only for the ROTK fanboys (which is, like, most of us, me included). The character designs are extremely similar which is a death warrant for a manga about ROTK due to the extensive cast. So you really need to know your ROTK to understand who's who. The plot also drags on after the first couple of volumes. The artist introduces a new faction (or at least I haven't seen any one of them in the novel, except for their master) as the protagonists from the start, the Handicapped Warriors, but later on we don't see them all that much. It's also all a bit soap opera-ish in execution. I still haven't gotten past the 14th volume, unfortunately, since it drags on so much.
it is base on a historical novel, he can't really not introduce the new characters and later on kill old ones if the manga last that long.

as far as character design being the same, i really didn't notice. The background character look similar but i thought all the major characters look distinctive enough.

for people who have trouble following the story and the different factions. here is a very very general overview of the plot, maybe it will help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance...Three_Kingdoms