View Single Post
Old 2010-09-01, 16:23   Link #61
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
There is no valid excuse why the FINimation dubs can use the word God, but the manga refused to.

It follows the narrative that VIZ constantly makes oversensitive alterations to their series. One example being the Rock Lee's Drunken Fist being changed to the "Potion Punch". He got that way my drinking Tsunade's "private potion". Somehow, Kimimaro seemed to know Lee had drank this "private potion" and was "loopy".

This censorship wouldn't be that big a deal if they offered a more authentic alternative. The way they released Dragon Ball in both edited and unedited forms. Though, this edited and childish version is the only one they release. It shouldn't be purchased or supported by anyone. They don't want us to use scanlations, but refuse to put out a product that equals the authenticity of the scanlations.

I do think that FUNimation is doing a lot better job than VIZ on One Piece. Though they at times make alterations. They offer the subtitles unaltered as an alternative. FUNimation provided options to their consumers. VIZ offers no alternatives.

One of the more ridiculous changes from VIZ. Their Naruto manga calls all the teacher "Master", but the VIZ anime of Naruto uses "Sensei". They aren't even consistent within their own company.
Once again you give all this info and in fact it is all normal stuff. You acting like it is all a censor when it isn't. Okay I have actually seen the manga workers or worker for Viz and you know I think Viz anime and Viz Manga are kept separate, because whenever the anime they would give whole discussions about stuff but the person doing the manga gives this short description of doing touch ups. It is weid when you put the manga in it, but I don't read many manga (besides scans) so I have learn the most about