View Single Post
Old 2011-06-21, 14:18   Link #1487
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
No need to tell me things I posted a few pages ago. However Chiba is the character designer. Just because he adopted Kouga and Nagano's concepts doesnt mean he's not. The shows' final designs were his, in his own styles, hence my point that it doesn't matter if a single person did the designs, they can still have two distinct styles.
I did not realize that you had already pointed that out as the previous poster also asked the same question so I answered it at the same time as replying to the quoted part, I apologize.

That's true however the "feel" of the designs in these two cases clearly come from the original artist so Chiba's good in that he can really bring out multiple styles in his adaptations but the main point is that despite having the same character adapter that means little as these designs couldn't be farther away from each other so whether it's the same man or not has no effect on whether one likes one, the other, or both. There is not that much similarity in the adapted designs between 00's highly defined designs and an art style that makes the characters "feel somewhat older" than their number age (whether one likes that they are bishounen or not) and the simplistic adaptations of the AGE designs which were already simplistic in drawn form in an art style where characters look far younger than their number age even the adults, aside from some of the slightly more mature shading adding to those night scenes in the trailer that Chiba's fortunately given them.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote