Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 19:06   Link #2029
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

This is such an interesting show. Frustrating, but enjoyable at the same time. Like a few others, I'm not entirely sold on the love triangle situation. I don't really think either Iori nor Himeko are in a good place to actually be in a romantic relationship, especially one with a guy known to have a "white knight" personality.

The new premise is interesting though, it's got my mind boiling over wondering what Heartseed v2 is up to. It must really be eating Taichi up not being able to explain the situation to the others, especially when they are displaying confusion or worry over it (like the last scene).

I liked that Aoki got a bit more depth, though I'm really feeling for Yui. Not only has her past come back to haunt her, but the guy that's chasing her was in love with a girl very similar to her. Maybe it's his 'type', but nobody wants to hear that they're just like an ex. It can really lead to a lot of insecurity.

Finally I found it really interesting when Himeko was young and hiding away from Yui and Iori. That she was a shy child isn't that surprising, but the fact that she hid behind her "big bro" Taichi was interesting to. As soon as I saw it, I thought of the scenes in earlier episodes when Himeko was leaving the house and her interactions with her own brother. Big contrast.

Anyhow, I enjoyed this one aside from the usual rolleyes inducing female anime character over-reactions. I hope the writers show a bit more subtlety with the conclusion to this arc, what ever it is happens.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote