View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 12:39   Link #79
Snuffle
likes cute things

Regarding Sasami. My guess is they just wanted to convey "these things happen between Rin and Sasami" to prepare the viewer for upcoming battles between those two. So far we've only seen one "infiltration" of the girl's dorm, and IIRC, there is always a battle with Rin vs Sasami. There is what? Like 4-5 of those infiltration events? I really don't expect them to animate all of them, that's just a big waste of time. It's kinda like how "Sunohara having his ass kicked" was reduced but still gave the message, "ah... so this always happens to him huh?"

However, I do expect them to animate the little confrontation between Rin and Sasami at the baseball field where Rin learns the "Raging Meow Ball" or whatever it was called. If that event is skipped and she suddenly is able to use that skill later on, that would be a big "wtf? when did she get so good?" moment. Likewise, the final battle between those two should be animated, I think it happens outside of the dorm in the evening? With Rin winning of course, to show how strong she has become. Just to round things up with them before Rin2/Refrain actually starts.